Live workshop

Matze

Hello, I have a question about the online meeting with you, how does it work, how should I imagine it, I have never done anything like this before and I just feel insecure. Is it just listening or also actively talking? I would be grateful for a bit of information. 
Kind regards

• Head Tutor

On 25/01/2023 at 06:49, Matze said:

Hello, I have a question about the online meeting with you, how does it work, how should I imagine it, I have never done anything like this before and I just feel insecure. Is it just listening or also actively talking? I would be grateful for a bit of information. 
Kind regards

Hello Mathias,

An excellent question!

Here's a description of each type of workshop:

Sunday workshops:
They involve listening to and speaking with your peers, and typing sentences in the chat box in reply to my questions.

One week: Grammar Review & Practice

• I'm attaching the worksheet from our last session on 15th January. You receive this before the session + the link to the online lesson that we will be revising.
  • You can revise that lesson and do the exercises before the session, or you can come unprepared to test yourself and revise the lesson after the session.
  • In the first part of the session, you partner up with one of your peers in a breakout room, and you do the exercises together. So, in this part you're revising a topic while discussing it with another student.
  • In the second part of the session, I take the whole group through the exercises one by one. Here, you will be listening mainly to me, and occasionally answering a question from me in the chat box.

The following week: Conversation Practice (occasionally changed to pronunciation practice)

• I'm attaching the worksheet from our last session on 22nd January. 
  • You can prepare your questions and/or your answers before the session, or you can come unprepared if you want to speak spontaneously.
  • In the first part of the session, you partner up with one of your peers in a breakout room. You ask each other the questions and make a note of each other's answers.
  • In the second part of the session, you share the information you've gathered from your partner with the whole group, speaking for 1-2  minutes. Your partner shares the information he/she has gathered from you with the whole group. 

NEW Saturday Q&A sessions starting 18th March 2023:
hey involve mainly
listening to me answering questions posted in the Forum, but you can ask questions live as well.

• You can post any questions you have in the Q&A Forum in four categories: Grammar, Pronunciation, Vocabulary, and General.
  • You can answer your peers' questions in the Forum (the best way to reinforce your own learning). 
  • I choose the best questions from different categories every week and answer them in detail in our Saturday Q&A session.
  • We end each session with a quiz to see how well you remember the different points covered.

Don't hesitate to continue this thread if you have any follow-up questions on what I've explained above.

47 Conversation Cars - 22 January 23.pdf 46 Negative words -15 January 23.pdf

• Minoo pinned this topic