iPod application

Butterfly 55

Hi, would like do some suggestions:

1.Is there an application of Anglo Link for iPad or iPad touch with speech and pronuciation facilities?

2. Why not a phonetic transcript together with the regular and irregular verbs. Found a list of irregular verbs on the webside hpp://IMG_0091.thumb.JPG.1fa9773c6dacd4726230ae39a5eda738.JPG.htm.

Kind regards.

Hi Tom, didn't find any difficuties with google search. Kind regards.

www.apronus.com/learn english/irregularverbs.htm       

beat
/bi:t/
beat
/bi:t/
beaten
/'bi:tn/
become
/bɪ 'kʌm/
became
/bɪ 'keɪm/
become
/bɪ 'kʌm/
begin
/bɪ 'gɪn/
began
/bɪ 'gæn/
begun
/bɪ 'gʌn/
bend
/bend/
bent
/bent/
bent
/bent/
bind
/baɪnd/
bound
/baʊnd/
bound
/baʊnd/
  • Head Tutor

Hello and thank you for your suggestion.

I personally feel that the phonetic transcription at the level where we're teaching these verbs (Upper Elementary) can be more of a hindrance than help. Instead, I would prefer the students to use the voice recording we've provided to make sure they learn the correct pronunciation. 

Hi Miss Minoo, thanks for the reply. I will soon start with the intermediate course, and so, liked to know at which part of the speech organ the consonants, vowel and diphthong are produced. Those phonetic lists would help me much faster when taken through.
Of course, I have to say/ admit that I am able to read ‘Better English Pronunciation’ by J.D.O’Conner. Kind regards.