Sign in to follow this  
Santa9rose

Disappointed

Santa9rose

Dear Minoo,

I cannot clear this question. Could you tell me what this is wrong , please?

Thank you.

Kyoko

525FFBC3-A63D-478B-BC05-8906267009C8.png

Minoo

Hello Kyoko,

It seems that Hari tried to reply to your question, but we can't see what he wrote.

The tense you must choose here is the Present Simple, because we're stating a fact: They never HEAR from .... except when he NEEDS ....

I hope this clarifies it for you.

Happy continuation, and I look forward to hearing form you on the results of the strategies we discussed during our one-to-one session lat week. 

Santa9rose

Dear Minoo, 

Somehow, I’ve believed that was past perfect!  Now I can see it's present simple.

Since the first session, 1, write about myself and read it out loud every other day. I met new people yesterday then I could answer their questions better than before.  2, keep a journal and have it corrected by my husband everyday.  3. watch Brigit Johns Diary with English Subtitles and without for about 20 - 30 minutes per day.  But i didn’t do oral practice yesterday and no practice at all today, then my speaking went back to worse. Anyway I have to practice right now.

Thank you for your support, Minoo.

Kyoko

Minoo
23 minutes ago, Santa9rose said:

Dear Minoo, 

Somehow, I’ve believed that was past perfect!  Now I can see it's present simple.

Since the first session, 1, write about myself and read it out loud every other day. I met new people yesterday then I could answer their questions better than before.  2, keep a journal and have it corrected by my husband everyday.  3. watch Brigit Johns Diary with English Subtitles and without for about 20 - 30 minutes per day.  But i didn’t do oral practice yesterday and no practice at all today, then my speaking went back to worse. Anyway I have to practice right now.

Thank you for your support, Minoo.

Kyoko

Excellent! I'm glad the new activities are proving helpful. Indeed, maintaining your daily 'speaking' practice is very important at this stage. Keep up the good work, Kyoko!