Sign in to follow this  
Butterfly 55

Passive Voice - First attempt to resolve.

Butterfly 55

Hi, I have used ‘Page’s program-application’  spelling corrector.
Mistakes (4)
Question: Someone left this message for me last night.    Your answer: I was left this message last night.           Correction: This message was left for me last night. ( If we begin the sentence with the object that the action is performing on, than we formulate a Passive Sentence.)
Question: The authorities are levying a new tax.                 Your answer: A new tax has being leved.                       Correction: A new tax was being levied
Question: They were restructuring the firm at the time.(Past Continuous)    Your answer: The firm has been restructured at the time. Correction: The firm was being restructured at the time. (Passive Past Continuous)
Question: The Union has called off the strike.                      Your answer: The strick has been called off.                  Correction: The strike has been called off.
Mistakes (5)
Question: An editor is going to edit this article.                       Your answer: This articleis going to be edited.            Correction: This article is going to be edited.
Question: Someone will have to look at all the possibilities. Your answer: All the possibilities have to be looked at by someone. Correction: All the possibilities have to be looked at.
Question: They should scrap this legislation.                           Your answer: This legislation should be scrapt.           Correction: This legislation should be scrapped.
Question: The mechanic used to service my car once a year. Your answer: My car used to be seviced once a year. Correction:My car used to be serviced once a year
Question: She doesn't like people shouting at her.                 Your answer: She doesn't like to be shouted.              Correction: She doesn't like to be shouted at.
Mistakes (6)
Question: They have not submitted the proposal yet.( Present Perfect Your answer: The proposal hasn't be submitted yet.  Correction: The proposal hasn't been submitted yet.
Question: No-one is going to tidy up these rooms.                 Your answer: These rooms aren't going to be tidying up.  Correction: These rooms aren't going to be tidy up.
Question: How often do they hold this meeting?                    Your answer: How often was this meeting hold ?                Correction: How often this meeting is held.
Question: What are they debating on this programme?        Your answer: What is on this programme debated?            Correction: What is debated on this programme?
Question: How much time have they spent on this discussion? Your answer: How much time was this discussion spent on ? Correction: How much time has been spent on this discussion.
Question: Nobody could have heard that noise.                     Your answer: The noise couldn't be heard.                                    Correction: The noise couldn't have been heard.
Mistakes (2)
Question: Sally's boss has offered Sally a promotion.            Your answer: Sally is offered a promotion.                        Correction: Sally has been offered a promotion.
Question: They used to vaccinate babies against this.           Your answer: Babies were used to vaccinateagainst this.  Correction: Babies used to be vaccinated against this.

Edited by Butterfly 55