Ventsislava

mistake

Ventsislava

Hey guys,

I can't find my mistake in this sentence. Is it the tense I've used?

image.thumb.png.43bff7bd310c4c3cab8b2cfaef5c774c.png

I will be happy if somebody helps me to find the answer :)

Thanks, 

Butterfly 55

Hi Ventsislava.  Don’t worried too much about it, just follow the instruction given in the lesson/ module ‘ All tenses’.

My suggestion:  We know from past events/ occasions that… he has never showed up on time to any events he’s/ he is invited to.

Present perfect: (form: I have done). 1. Action completed until now without a past time frame.

2. The following expressions require this tense.  so far, already, not yet, recently, just…never.

3. We are rather speaking about his attitude than…when he will arrive.  

Regards.

Minoo

Hello Ventsislava 

As Butterfly has suggested,it's not the verb that's wrong, but the tense.

Butterfly55 has suggested the Present Perfect, but I would suggest the Present Simple here:

He never shows up / turns up on time to any event he is invited to.   This is because 'is invited' is Present Simple in the Passive Voice, and therefore refers to a general fact about him.

To use the Present Perfect, we should change the other verb as well:

He has never shown up / turned up on time to any event he has been  invited to. (until today)

Butterfly 55

Miss Minoo,  thanks a lot. I am quite reasonable when it comes to  answers other peoples  questions, will not happen again. I do appreciate you grammar course a lot.

The passive voice sounds much better, so to Mr Veni from Bratislava. The correct answers is ‘He never shows up/ turns up on time to any event he is invited to.’
Regards.

Minoo

Hello Butterfly55,

I'm very glad you answered Veni!  You must always feel free to suggest an answer. I always check the answers submitted by other students. That way both of you can learn and improve.

I'm glad you're enjoying the course, and thank you for your active participation. 

Ventsislava

Thank you a lot Minoo and Butterly55 for your answers! 

Minoo, I saw where my mistake is. I didn't realise that "is invited" is Present Simple in the Passive Voice and this actually led to my confusion. 

Butterfly55, I really appreciated your answer too because it helped me to refresh that part of the grammar ;)) And also, I'm from Bulgaria :D 

Have a nice day,