Sign in to follow this  
Butterfly 55

America - Horse With No Name.

Butterfly 55

Heard it for the first time when I was nineteen. At the time I did my military service as private (soldier) in Dutch-'zijn legerdienst doen als milicien ' or 'servire sous le drapeau'  as it is called in French.

Suppose the song has any message or any outspoken meaning other than perhaps being far away, somewhere in heaven. Right?  On Youtube Saterday 9 Mars 2019;  (1.067.473 views)

America - Horse With No Name

On the first part of the journey, I was looking at all the life.
There were plants and birds. and rocks and things, There was sand and hills and rings.
The first thing I met, was a fly with a buzz, And the sky, with no clouds.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           The heat was hot, and the ground was dry, But the air was full of sound.

I've been through the desert on a horse with no name, It felt good to be out of the rain.
In the desert you can remember your name, 'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain.

After two days, in the desert sun, My skin began to turn red.
 After three days, in the desert fun, I was looking at a river bed.
And the story it told, of a river that flowed, Made me sad to think it was dead.

You see I've been through the desert on a horse with no name, It felt good to be out of the rain. In the desert you can remember your name, 'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain.

After nine days, I let the horse run free, 'Cause the desert had turned to sea. There were plants and birds, and rocks and things, There was sand and hills and rings.
 The ocean is a desert, with it's life underground, And a perfect disguise above.

Under the cities lies, a heart made of ground, But the humans will give no love.

You see I've been through the desert on a horse with no name, It felt good to be out of the rain. In the desert you can remember your name, 'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain.