BOOK!

Federica P-AirOne

• Head Tutor

Hello Frederica,

I'm really glad that you like the lessons in the online course.

I have not written a grammar book yet, but I am planning to prepare pdf copies of all the grammar lessons for those of you who want to download the study section as well as the exercises. That way, everyone can create their own book by downloading the lessons that they're interested in.

hello minoo mam,

its leena from india.I really like the phrasal verbs lessons in the youtube `that i came across recently.very helpful.But I dont know how and where to turn up my spoken.Even though i could speak ,there is some hesitations while i converse with someone ,especially in my interview. I must pass over these kind of barriers.I had backed away from a job that i have got selected recently.Could i become good in my spoken?

Thanks in advance!

leena

Edited by leenahemarani
  • Head Tutor

Hello and welcome to the community, Leena!

Yes, of course you can improve your speaking skills. The most efficient way of doing this is by doing oral exercises in the form of listening to and repeating correct sentences out loud. That is the one of the main purposes of my self-study course: To give you many opportunities for oral repetition.

If you decide to upgrade your membership to access all the voice recorded exercises, make absolutely sure that you repeat each word and each phrase in every lesson (pronunciation, grammar, and conversation) out loud several times after the teacher. This constant practice will steadily improve your oral expression and your confidence to speak.

Then, if you have an interview coming up, book a one-to-one session with me or another teacher to simulate the actual interview and get tips and feedback on what you need to improve. Then, spend the days up to the interview working on those. 

I hope these tips are helpful to you. Let me know if you have any questions.

• 5 weeks later...

The quest for a good grammer book.

Well there are some interesting grammar books available on the market. I am using Oxford Practice Grammar, with answers. by John Eastwood. May be a little outdated when they are giving examples as one lived in the ninthies, although very useful for self study. For sure it comes with lots of exercises in each unit.

By the way, what does IELTS 2.5-3.5 means?

Regards