Minoo

The early bird catches the worm.

Minoo

This saying suggests that if you arrive somewhere or do something before others, you will have an advantage over them.

Do you know any other expressions that encourage us to be early in the things we do?

PHIL73

Hello,

This time, I'm not the early bird ^_^

I found this Zulu proverb, which have the same meaning: "The horse that arrives early gets good drinking water."

Or this simple one, which we also know in French: "First come, first served."

Another one: "Hesitation and procrastination may lead to trouble or disaster."

And finally,  two funny quotes related to the very first above: 

"The early bird may gets the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese."

"I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm." - F. D. Roosevelt.

serg59

The quotes about wise mouse and unlucky warm made my day, thanks, Phil. :D

This is my humble contribution: "Good luck beats early rising" and "An early-rising man is a good spouse but a bad husband".;) 

Minoo

Well done to all three of you gentlemen!

Not only have you made me laugh very hard with your witty proverbs and quotes, you have also made me feel good about not being an early bird! Thank you very much!