Minoo

Never look a gift horse in the mouth.

Minoo

This proverb encourages the receiver of a gift to accept it gracefully and with gratitude rather than inspecting it and ascertaining its value.

Do you know any other proverbs with the word 'gift' in them? 

hamza khadidja

hello i am hamza and i prefert call me khadidja from algaria i have these in may a bravet exam so  i see the video of used to and i find same things i don't study in the class :huh: 

PHIL73

Hello,

I found this one: "Beware of Greeks bearing gifts". Nothing against the Greeks here of course, it refers to the Trojan horse. So the  meaning is: be skeptical of a present or kindness from an enemy. 

Also this expression: "To have the gift of the gab", which means to be able to speak confidently, clearly, and in a persuasive way. 

I wish I had the gift of the gab in English one day,  but I have no doubt about it with the help of this site ;)

Minoo
9 hours ago, Chary said:

"If you receive gift of great value, it is your obligation to share this gift many times over"

Nice one, Hari! Thank you very much for sharing.

Minoo
3 hours ago, PHIL73 said:

Hello,

I found this one: "Beware of Greeks bearing gifts". Nothing against the Greeks here of course, it refers to the Trojan horse. So the  meaning is: be skeptical of a present or kindness from an enemy. 

Also this expression: "To have the gift of the gab", which means to be able to speak confidently, clearly, and in a persuasive way. 

I wish I had the gift of the gab in English one day,  but I have no doubt about it with the help of this site ;)

Two very useful expressions! Thank you for sharing them, Phil, and thank you for your vote of confidence in our site.

Judging by your level of enthusiasm and commitment to your English studies, your wish will certainly come true. Keep up the excellent work.