Minoo

Put all one's eggs in one basket

Minoo

This expression refers to putting all your resources or energies into one project or endeavour, which can be risky. If you fail, you'll be left with nothing.

If I were you, I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket; I would apply for several jobs simultaneously.

There's a similar phrasal expression that would complete this sentence:

If I were you, I wouldn't  ................ all .................. on a single job application. I'd apply for several  jobs Simultaneously.

ANSWER: go all in

Minoo

Hello Sergey and Rab,

Your suggestions both work, but remember that I'm looking for a phrasal expression, so the first gap is a verb, and the second gap is a single preposition.

Clue: Sergey is close to the context in which this phrasal expression is often used, i.e. gambling.

Minoo

That's a good expression too, but it's used only in the context of actual gambling. 

One more clue: This is a particularly common expression among poker players.

Minoo

Not quite. The verbs you've chosen (bring and put) would make better sense in translation. However, as you're well aware, phrasal verbs make no sense!! :)

serg59

Impossibly to please! :( My last attempt is 'I wouldn't hustle all in on a single job application'. 

I'm giving up and am going to stand outside, so if anyone asks I'm outstanding.:ph34r:

Minoo

It seems that I made this one too difficult! The poker expression I was looking for is 'go all in'.

You'll both get credits for your concerted effort. :D