Fluent/ Master/ Grand Master

osyed

Hey guys!

In the level guide, I can see Fluent/ Master/ Grand Master level. However, in my dashboard, I cannot these these levels (I have silver membership). Is there a specific way to access these levels. Please let me know. Thanks

• Management

Hi osyed,

These are ranks. You can achieve the rank of 'Fluent' by completing modules and collecting enough trophies in Anglo-Pedia (Dashboard). Currently you have the rank of 'Elementary'.

To achieve the rank of Master and Grand Master we will be introducing special tests. These tests will be for people who have achieved the rank of Fluent. We plan to release these tests soon.

• Head Tutor

Hi Osyed,

Let me answer your other question: Will there be more study material?

If you look at the descriptions (abilities and goals) of 'Fluent', 'Master' and 'Grand Master', you will see that the transition from 'Fluent' to the next two levels is mainly contingent on having a lot of exposure to authentic and correct written and spoken language on topics that interest you, as well as opportunities to write and speak regularly. Therefore, there cannot be any specific material that everyone needs to study. My role will be to provide evaluation and feedback on what still needs improving and how. The tests for 'Master' and 'Grand Master' levels will include both online tests and a face-to-face assessment with me.

Let me know if this answers your question.

Thanks a lot Minoo and Tom. 

Minoo, correct me if I am wrong. Once we reach fluent level, will we be able to work with you and figure out which specific areas (in a particular area of interest) need improvement and how to go about it? I am looking these things from IELTS point of view. 

Thanks

• Head Tutor

Yes, Osyed, that's exactly how it would work for students preparing for IELTS or any other English language test.

You would study all the material on the platform by yourself, moving up through the levels. When you have completed the Advanced level, it is then time to have an overall test and a one-to-one evaluation to find out which skills and what areas of the language need further work to get a high test score.

That is great Minoo. One last question (hopefully). 

Once reaching the advanced level, do I need to take a appointment for overall test and a one-to-one evaluation? Also, what is generally the average expected time from reaching the advance level to getting feedback from you (for the evaluation)?  Thanks

• Head Tutor

Only after you have completed all the modules in the Advanced level successfully and have earned the 'Fluent' rank (equivalent of  IELTS 6.5), will it be time for an overall evaluation and personalised feedback on what you need to work on to reach the 'Master' (IELTS 7-8) rank.

You can book a 30-minute evaluation session for 175 credits any time by going to LIVE LESSONS. If you want to use free credits, as a Silver member, you will have enough credits in three months' time. If you are studying intensively (3-4 hours a day) and expect to reach 'Fluent' sooner, you can either upgrade to Gold or buy additional credits in STORE.

Feel free to ask your questions until they have all been answered. That's what the forums are for.